Japan Visa Information Hotline
This hotline is designed for visa applicants residing in Australia.
*The Hotline will not connect you to the Consulate-General's Visa section.
If you need to contact Consulate-General in regards to a pending visa application, please contact directly at 08-9480-1800 during 9am-12:30pm 2:00pm-4:00pm
*Please make visa inquiry by phone.
Visa exemption measures for Australian passport holders have been paused.
Australian passport holders currently need a valid visa to enter Japan.
For details and updates, please see the following Ministry of Foreign Affairs pages:
Phased Measures toward Resuming Cross-Border Travel
Border measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Current guidelines for Visa Applications:
A. Work, Business and Study related (CoE, ERFS etc.)
B. Family related
C. Tourists Participating in Guided Package Tours
- Japanese Visa Information / Requirements (Temporarily suspended)
- Nationals of Countries and Areas with Visa exemption Arrangements with Japan
- Japanese Visa Information Hotline
- Specifid visa: Designated actifities (Long star for sightseeing and recreation)
- Substantial Relaxation fo Visa Requirements for Nationals of Indonesia, the Phillippnies and Viet Nam
- Issuance of Multiple Entry Visas for Short-term Stay for Nationals of India
- Exemption of Visas for Nationals of Malaysia
- Exemption of Visas for Nationals of the Kingdom of Thailand
- Waiver of Visa Fees for foreign visitors to Miyagi, Fukushima and Iwate Prefectures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Visa Application Form (PDF)
- Visa Application Form (Sample) (PDF)
- Letter of Guarantee - English
- Invitation Letter/Letter of Reason for Invitation English
- Written Pledge English
- Schedule of Stay - English