- Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) -The Japan Foundation
The JLPT is conducted both in Japan and outside Japan to evaluate and certify the language proficiency of primarily non-native speakers of Japanese. The new JLPT began in 2010. JLPT in Western Australia will be held during the first week of December at Curtin University with applications being open from early August. For more information, please visit Curtin University's JLPT site and/or the website of The Japan Foundation, Sydney.
Study in Japan
- Study in Japan - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
This Web site is produced and operated by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is a site that provides comprehensive information regarding studying in Japan.
- Student Exchange (Scholarships, etc) - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The duration of your study in Japan and the manner in which your expenses are paid differ depending on what category you fall under according to the four listed.
- Information on Study in Japan - Japan Student Services Organization
As a core and leading organization in the provision of student services, JASSO comprehensively administers scholarship loan programs, support programs for international students, and student support programs.
Japanese Language Education
- Erin's Challenge! - The Japan Foundation
Produced by the Japan Foundation, this website has a large number of videos with sub-titles and other resources for learning situation-based Japanese. A useful resource for Japanese language learners at various levels and as an introduction to real-life situations in Japan.
- Language Learning - The Japan Foundation, Sydney
The Language Section works to support Japanese language education in schools throughout Australia and New Zealand. Working in conjunction with local educational authorities, our activities are aimed at raising the standard of Japanese language education across all education sectors.
- The Japan Forum - The Japan Forum
The Japan Forum (TJF) aims at promoting mutual understanding among elementary and secondary school students by supporting foreign language education and education for intercultural understanding.
- Minna no Kyozai (Resources for Everyone) - The Japan Foundation Japanese Language Institute
Minna no Kyozai is a website to help Japanese-language teachers around the world create suitable teaching materials for their students.
- Sushi Test (Japanese Language Test) - The Japan Foundation
Free Japanese language on-line test for beginners.
- Nihongo de Care-navi - The Japan Foundation
Nihongo de Care-navi is a Japanese-English / English-Japanese dictionary with useful expressions in nursing and caretaking scenes for supporting your Japanese Language learning.